ARTIST SUPPORT PLEDGE is a movement, a generous culture and a dynamic economy open to ALL artists and makers anywhere in the world. To participate please follow the simple guidelines below.
- post your image/s on your Instagram account.
- Add the ARTIST SUPPORT PLEDGE logo and text tiles by reposting (get a repost app) or using a screenshot. You can also cut and paste images above.
- give details of the work and price (no more than 220GBP, 220USD, 220GDP, 220 EURO, 330AUD, 330CAD or 22000JPY)
- ask for anyone interested to DM you
- add #artistsupportpledge NB: singular – one ‘s’ not two
- follow the #
- when you have sold £1100 (1100USD, 1650AUD, 1650CAD, 110,000JPY) worth of work fulfil the pledge and spend £220 (or equivalent) on another artist/s work
- If in doubt do it in a spirit of generosity, that’s all that matters.
- Stay connected for more opportunities by following @artistsupportpledge
NB/ Make sure your account is set to public. To do this click on the three lines on the top right of your page, click settings, privacy and public (you can switch back at any time).
Top tips for selling work on ASP: Make sure the images are good (use a tripod, consider investing in a tripod adaptor if using your phone) and your descriptions are clear. If you don’t get a sale from a post (leave it a couple of days), delete it and post it again – this drops it back in at the top of the # page which is always moving. Tell the story around your work on your account, then if people go to see your account they will find out more about you. Posting regularly and consistently once or twice per day gets the most amount of pushes from Instagram, as such consider doing multiple images per post at the same time each day. Do the IN VIEW post and tag all the artists (Generosity is Infectious). If you have a Facebook account make sure it’s linked with Instagram, that way everything you post also goes onto Facebook too, Finally, keep it updated, it’s a dynamic market so needs attention and renewal to make it work.
NB/ we do NOT select work to be seen. You may not see your own work as it is a dynamic page that is always moving and there are so many images, but others are seeing them.
TEXT FOR POSTING BELOW
ARTIST SUPPORT PLEDGE supporting artists and makers.
The idea is a simple one, post images of your artwork on social media to sell for NO MORE (can be less) than £220 ($220, €220, A$330, C$330, ¥22000) each, not including shipping. Anyone can then buy the work. Every time you reach £1100 ($1100, A $1650, C $1650, ¥110,000) in sales, you pledge to buy another artist’s work for £220.
So, make a pledge and share your artwork with the hashtag #artistsupportpledge. Keep up with the latest news and opportunities at artistsupportpledge and http://www.artistsupportpledge.com.
Repost and tell your friends, colleagues and collectors. For the Artist Support Pledge user guide please see the HOW TO or FAQ’s page on the website (link in bio).
Supported by @anartistsinfo